The MCBGAP program is not currently accepting applications. If you are interested in summer research at UC Davis, please contact Carole Hom at firstname.lastname@example.org to explain your research interests and long-term plans.
The MCBGAP academic year program is open to any UMES, XULA, or FAMU undergraduate interesting in pursuing graduate study in biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, or cell biology.
All prospective applicants to the MCBGAP summer program must…
- have junior or senior standing at UMES, FAMU, or XULA;
- hold a grade-point average of at least 3.0;
- agree to complete at least two of the following courses prior to the start of summer research: Genetics, Cell Biology, Biochemistry.
The MCBGAP program application consists of….
- the web form at this link to be filled out by the applicant;
- a letter of recommendation from a college faculty member;
- college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are OK). To help track applications, please name this file mcbgap_lastnamefirstinitial_transcript.
- a one-page statement of purpose that describes the applicant’s research interests and career aspirations. To help track applications, please name this file mcbgap_lastnamefirstinitial_application.
Email items (2)-(4) to Carole Hom (clhom at ucdavis dot edu); please include MCBGAP application and your name in the subject line.
For full consideration, all application materials should be received by 1 November.
All applications will be reviewed by a joint committee of HBCU UC Davis faculty, with finalists potentially interviewed by videoconference. Applicants will be selected based on the strength of their record and fit of research interests to appropriate faculty.
Applicants will be notified of their status by 20 November.