Six cohorts of students have completed the MCBGAP program — three from UMES and with the rest from UMES, XULA, and FAMU.
- Demario Chappell will graduate from FAMU in Spring 2020 and is considering his next steps
- Awaab Elkarim will be a senior at UMES and is applying for graduate study.
- Karen Ose-Boamah will be a junior at Xavier.
- Maya Lee returned to FAMU for her junior year.
- Ashley Mello will be a senior at Xavier and is preparing to apply for graduate study
- Hernan Osorio will be a senior at UMES and is applying for graduate study.
- Demario Chappell will be a junior at FAMU.
- Jada English will be a junior at Xavier.
- Mari Filer returned to FAMU for her junior year.
- Adebola Owolabi will be a senior at UMES.
- Tashinga Tsokodayi will be a senior at UMES.
- Edesthele Decius graduated from FAMU and seeks a research position
- Chelsea Kelland graduated from Xavier University in May 2018 and will begin the UC Davis PhD program in Immunology in the fall.
- Esereoghene Mowoe graduated from UMES and is considering her options.
- Uche Onuchukwu graduated from UMES and has gained a position at Johns Hopkins. In October 2017, he received a “Best Poster” award at a research conference at UMBC for his summer research in the Segal Lab at UC Davis.
- Nnamezie Ononuju graduated from FAMU and is considering his options.
- Faith Simiyu graduated from Xavier University and is considering her options.
- Albert Owusu Ansah will enter the NIH postbacc IRTA program in preparation for applying to PhD programs for 2019 admission.
- Rasheed Sule is a first-year student in the doctoral program in Biochemistry, Molecular, Cell, and Development Biology at UC Davis
- Maryanne Odinakachukwu returned to UC Davis for a second summer of research, graduated from UMES in December 2016, and is working in biological research while considering her options for advanced study.
- Aleaya Bowie graduated from UMES in May 2016, attended a prev-veterinary postbacc program at UC Davis in July 2016, and will enter the DVM program at NC State in Fall 2017.
- Mariah Dennis graduated from UMES in May 2016 and will enter the DVM program at Tufts in Fall 2017.
- Haneef Muhammad attends medical school at Saba University.
- Maryanne Odinakachukwu returned to UC Davis for a second summer of research, will graduate from UMES in December 2016, and is considering her options for advanced study.
- Abena Okyere graduated from UMES in May 2016 and has applied to PA programs.
- Deirdre Johnson graduated from UMES and is in graduate school at Towson University.
- Christina Moon graduated from UMES and is seeking a position as a laboratory technician while she applies for graduate study.
- Tina Ndam graduated from UMES and entered PREP at the University of Missouri. She plans to apply for doctoral study for fall 2017 admission.
- Kyneisha Watson graduated from UMES.
- Stephanie Yeboah was admitted to a Master’s of Public Health program at George Washington University.
- Susana Yeboah entered pharmacy school at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.