Four cohorts of students have completed the MCBGAP program — three from UMES and with the fourth from UMES, XULA, and FAMU.
- Edesthele Decius graduated from FAMU and seeks a research position
- Chelsea Kelland returned to Xavier University and is applying for graduate study.
- Esereoghene Mowoe returned to UMES and is considering her options.
- Uche Onuchukwu returned to UMES and is applying for graduate study. In October 2017, he received a “Best Poster” award at a research conference at UMBC for his summer research in the Segal Lab at UC Davis.
- Nnamezie Ononuju returned to FAMU and is considering his options.
- Faith Simiyu returned to Xavier University and is considering her options.
- Albert Owusu Ansah will enter the NIH postbacc IRTA program in preparation for applying to PhD programs for 2018 admission.
- Rasheed Sule is a first-year student in the doctoral program in Biochemistry, Molecular, Cell, and Development Biology at UC Davis
- Maryanne Odinakachukwu returned to UC Davis for a second summer of research, graduated from UMES in December 2016, and is working in biological research while considering her options for advanced study.
- Aleaya Bowie graduated from UMES in May 2016, attended a prev-veterinary postbacc program at UC Davis in July 2016, and will enter the DVM program at NC State in Fall 2017.
- Mariah Dennis graduated from UMES in May 2016 and will enter the DVM program at Tufts in Fall 2017.
- Haneef Muhammad attends medical school at Saba University.
- Maryanne Odinakachukwu returned to UC Davis for a second summer of research, will graduate from UMES in December 2016, and is considering her options for advanced study.
- Abena Okyere graduated from UMES in May 2016 and has applied to PA programs.
- Deirdre Johnson graduated from UMES and is in graduate school at Towson University.
- Christina Moon graduated from UMES and is seeking a position as a laboratory technician while she applies for graduate study.
- Tina Ndam graduated from UMES and entered PREP at the University of Missouri. She plans to apply for doctoral study for fall 2017 admission.
- Kyneisha Watson graduated from UMES.
- Stephanie Yeboah was admitted to a Master’s of Public Health program at George Washington University.
- Susana Yeboah entered pharmacy school at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.